Updated: September 12, 2019
This page is designed to help you understand more about these technologies and our use of them on our sites and in our services, applications, and tools. Below is a summary of a few key things you should know about our use of such technologies. You can review the contents of our full User Cookie Notice below.
Where possible, security measures are set in place to prevent unauthorized access to our cookies and similar technologies. A unique identifier ensures that only we and/or our authorized service providers have access to cookie data.
- What are cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies?
Like most sites, we use technologies that are essentially small data files placed on your computer, tablet, mobile phone, or other devices (referred to collectively as a “device”) that allow us to record certain pieces of information whenever you visit or interact with our sites, services, applications, messaging, and tools.
The specific names and types of the cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies we use may change from time to time. In order to help you better understand this Policy and our use of such technologies we have provided the following limited terminology and definitions:
Small text files (typically made up of letters and numbers) placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. Cookies allow a website to recognize a particular device or browser. There are several types of cookies:
- • Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session
- • Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites
- • First-party cookies are set by the site you are visiting
- • Third-party cookies are set by a third party site separate from the site you are visiting.
Cookies can be disabled or removed by tools that are available in most commercial browsers. The preferences for each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options.
- Web beacons
Small graphic images (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) that may be included on our sites, services, applications, messaging, and tools, that typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and user behavior.
- Similar technologies
Technologies that store information in your browser or device utilizing local shared objects or local storage, such as flash cookies, HTML 5 cookies, and other web application software methods. These technologies can operate across all of your browsers, and in some instances may not be fully managed by your browser and may require management directly through your installed applications or device. We do not use these technologies for storing information to target advertising to you on or off our sites.
We may use the terms “cookies” or “similar technologies” interchangeably in our policies to refer to all technologies that we may use to store data in your browser or device or that collect information or help us identify you in the manner described above.
We offer certain site features, services, applications, and tools that are available only through the use of these technologies. You are always free to block, delete, or disable these technologies if your browser, installed application, or device so permits. However, if you decline cookies or other similar technologies, you may not be able to take advantage of certain site features, services, applications, or tools. You may also be required to re-enter your password more frequently during your browsing session. For more information on how you can block, delete, or disable these technologies, please review your browser or device settings.Generally, these technologies allow our sites, services, applications, and tools to store relevant
information in your browser or device and later read that information in order to identify you to our servers or internal systems. Where applicable, we protect our cookies and other similar technologies to help ensure that only we and/or our authorized service providers can interpret them by assigning them a unique identifier that is designed for interpretation only by us. We do not store any of your personal information on any of our cookies or other similar technologies.
Any personal information that we collect and store through use of these technologies is first obtained through notice and consent: We obtain your consent by providing you with transparent notice of use of the technologies and providing you with the opportunity to make a choice to disable these technologies as set forth above.
- Our uses of such technologies fall into the following general categories:
- 1. Operationally Necessary.
- 2. Performance Related.
- 3. Functionality Related.
- 4. Advertising or Targeting Related.
We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that have been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you would like to opt-out of all other types of technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
- 1. Operationally Necessary.
- 2. Privacy for Members
(2.1.1) Information you provide to us: In the course of engaging with our Services, you may provide Personal Information about you and your Contacts. Personal Information is often, but not exclusively, provided to us when you sign up for and use the Services, consult with our customer service team, send us an email, integrate the Services with another website or service (for example, when you choose to connect your e-commerce account with Spreespot), or communicate with us in any other way.
- • Registration information: You need a Spreespot account to use the Services as a Member. When you register for an account, you will be asked to provide certain basic information, such as your name, email address, username, password (for example, if you are using two-factor authentication).
- • Billing and communications information: In order to use our Services, you may also need to provide us with payment and billing information, such as your credit card details and billing address. Spreespot will also maintain a record of your billing transactions and purchases, and any communications and responses.
- • Information we process on your behalf: In order to sell or use certain features in your account, you need to upload item information and pictures. We use and process this information to provide the Services in accordance with your instructions.
- • Device information: We collect information about the device and applications you use to access the Services, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
- • Log data: Our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers and those log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses. We may also access metadata and other information associated with files that you upload into our Services.
- • Product usage data: We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our Services, which may include the dates and times you access the Services and your browsing activities (such as what portions of the Services are used). We also collect information regarding the performance of the Services, including metrics related to the deliverability of emails and other communications you send through the Services. This information allows us to improve the content and operation of the Services, and facilitate research and analysis of the Services.
(2.1.3) Information we collect from other sources: From time to time, we may obtain information about you or your Contacts from third-party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers and our joint marketing partners. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally or contractually permitted to disclose such information to us.
- • Examples of the information we receive from other sources include demographic information (such as age and gender), device information (such as IP addresses), location (such as city and state), and online behavioral data (such as information about use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links). We use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including Personal Information) we collect, to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing and content to you and to develop and provide you with more relevant products, features, and services.
- • To communicate with you about your account and provide customer support
- • To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- • To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- • To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- • To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- • For our data analytics projects. Our data analytics projects use data from Spreespot accounts, including Personal Information of Contacts, to provide and improve the Services. We use information like your selling habits and purchase history, so we can make more informed predictions, decisions, and products for our Members. If you or your Contact prefers not to share this data, you can email us at any time at support@Spreespot.com. For example, we use data from Spreespot accounts to enable product recommendation, audience segmentation, and predicted demographics features for our Members. We will act as a data controller to process data for our data analytics projects in reliance on our legitimate business interests of improving and enhancing our products and services for our Members. As always, we take the privacy of Personal Information seriously, and will continue to implement appropriate safeguards to protect this Personal Information from misuse or unauthorized disclosure.
- • Other purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you.
- • To access, correct, update or request deletion of Personal Information. Spreespot takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and up to date. As a Member, you can manage many of your individual account and profile settings within the dashboard provided through the Spreespot platform, or you may contact us directly by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- • Similarly, if Personal Information is collected or processed on the basis of consent, the data subject can withdraw their consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- • The right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of Personal Information.
This section applies to the Personal Information we collect and process from a Member or potential Member through the provision of the Services. If you are not a Member, the Visitors section of this policy may be more applicable to you and your data. In this section, "you" and "your" refer to Members and potential Members.
2.1. Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect broadly falls into the following categories:
2.2. Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect through the Services or other sources for a range of reasons, including:
2.3. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We and our partners may use various technologies to collect and store information when you use our Services, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons. We use this information to measure performance, and to provide analytics information and enhance the effectiveness of our Services.
2.4. Other Data Protection Rights
You and your Contacts may have the following data protection rights:
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection law. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request. If we receive a request from one of your Contacts, we will either direct the Contact to reach out to you, or, if appropriate, we may respond directly to their request.
- 3 Privacy for Vistors
(3.1.1) Information you provide to us on the Websites or otherwise: Certain parts of our Websites may ask you to provide Personal Information voluntarily. For example, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information (such as your name, contact details, company name, profile information) in order to sign up for a free Spreespot account, apply for a role with Spreespot, or otherwise submit inquiries to us. We may also collect Personal Information, such as your contact and job details and feedback, when you attend our events, take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions we may have with you. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us, and we will keep copies of any such communications for our records.
The Personal Information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your Personal Information. We will also let you know prior to collection whether the provision of the Personal Information we are collecting is compulsory or may be provided on a voluntary basis and the consequences, if any, of not providing the information.
(3.1.2) Information we collect automatically through the Websites: When you visit our Websites, we may also collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered Personal Information under applicable data protection laws.
- • To provide, operate, optimize, and maintain our Websites.
- • To send you information for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences
- • For recruitment purposes if you have applied for a role with Spreespot.
- • To respond to your online inquiries and requests, and to provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us.
- • To manage our Websites and system administration and security.
- • To improve the navigation and content of our Websites
- • To identify any server problems or other IT or network issues.
- • To process transactions and to set up online accounts
- • To compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to better understand the preferences of our Visitors.
- • To carry out research and development to improve our products and services.
- • To customize content and layout of the Websites.
- • To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
- • Blog. We have public blogs on our Websites. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us email@example.com. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
- • Social media platforms and widgets. Our Websites include social media features, such as the Facebook login. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- • To access, correct, update, or request deletion of your Personal Information. Spreespot takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your Personal Information, or altering your data or marketing preferences by emailing us at support@Spreespot.com. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- • Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- • You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
This section applies to Personal Information that we collect and process through our Websites and in the usual course of our business, such as in connection with our recruitment, events, sales and marketing activities. In this section "you" and "your" refers to Visitors.
3.1. Information We Collect
3.2. Use of Personal Information
We may use the information we collect through our Websites for a range of reasons, including:
3.3. Public Information and Third-Party Websites
3.4. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
3.5. Other Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
- 4. General Information
(4.1.3) Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (a) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (b) to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or (c) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
(4.1.5) Any other person with your consent.
- • Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the data.
- • Whether the data is necessary to provide our Services.
- • Whether our Members have the ability to access and delete the data within their Spreespot accounts
- • Whether our Members would reasonably expect that we would retain the data until they remove it or until their Spreespot accounts are closed or terminated.
4.1. How We Share Information
4.2. Your Choices and Opt-Outs
Members and Visitors who have opted in to our marketing emails can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of our marketing messages.
Also, all opt-out requests can be made by emailing us using the contact details provided in the "Questions and Concerns" section below. Please note that some communications (such as service messages, account notifications, billing information) are considered transactional and necessary for account management, and Members cannot opt out of these messages unless you cancel your Spreespot account.
4.3. Our Security
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
Spreespot accounts require a username and password to log in. Members must keep their username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party.
4.4. Retention of Data
We retain Personal Information where we have an ongoing legitimate business or legal need to do so. Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of data involved, but, generally, we'll refer to these criteria in order to determine retention period:
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
4.5. Changes to this Policy
4.6. Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please use our contact form to send us a message. You may also contact us by postal mail:
24 sugar camp trail rd
or email at:
1.1 In order to minimize risks, Spreespot asks that anyone under the age of 16 years have their parent/guardian respond and post ads on their behalf. Spreespot reserves the right to remove any ad if we feel it is in the best interest and safety of our users.
Transactions made using the Spreespot service are made between buyer and seller. Statements made on Item condition must be verified by the buyer prior to accepting the item into their possession. Once the item is accepted, the transaction is deemed as complete.
In order to use the Service, you must:
- be at least eighteen (16) years old and able to enter into contracts;
- complete the account registration process;
- agree to our Terms;
- provide true, complete, and up-to-date contact information;
- be based in Canada
- not be listed on any list of prohibited or restricted persons.
By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you meet all the requirements listed above, and that you won’t use the Service in a way that violates any laws or regulations. Note that by representing and warranting, you are making a legally enforceable promise.
Spreespot may refuse service, close accounts of any Members, and change eligibility requirements at any time.
When you sign up for an account and agree to these Terms, the Agreement between you and Spreespot is formed, and the term of the Agreement (the “Term”) will begin. The Term will continue for as long as you have a Spreespot account or until you or we terminate the Agreement in accordance with these Terms, whichever happens first. If you sign up for an account on behalf of a company or other entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to accept these Terms and enter into the Agreement on its behalf.
2.4 Closing your account
You or Spreespot may terminate the Agreement at any time and for any reason by terminating your Spreespot account or giving notice to the other party. We may suspend the Service to you at any time, with or without cause. If we terminate your account without cause, and your account has a balance remaining, we’ll issue payment for the remaining balance. If your account is suspended or terminated for cause, like a breach or any violation of the Agreement, an inquiry will be made as to the validity of you remaining balance. If your account is inactive for 24 or more months, we may terminate the account. Once your account is terminated, you acknowledge and agree that we may permanently delete your account and all the data associated with it, including your listings.
We may change any of the Terms by posting revised Terms on our Website. Unless you terminate your account, the new Terms will be effective immediately and apply to any continued or new use of the Service. We may change the Service, Add-ons, or any features of the Service at any time, and we may discontinue the Service, Add-ons, or any features of the Service at any time.
2.6 Account and PasswordTerm
You’re responsible for keeping your account name and password confidential. You’re also responsible for any account that you have access to and any activity occurring in such account (other than activity that Spreespot is directly responsible for that isn’t performed in accordance with your instructions), whether or not you authorized that activity. You’ll immediately notify us of any unauthorized access or use of your accounts. We’re not responsible for any losses due to stolen or hacked passwords. We don’t have access to your current password, and for security reasons, we may only provide you with instructions on how to reset your password. We have the right to update any of your contact information in your account for billing purposes. In addition, you represent and warrant that all information you provide to us when you establish an account, and when you access and use the Service, is and will remain complete and accurate.
You won’t request access to or information about an account that’s not yours, and you’ll resolve any account-related disputes directly with the other party. We decide who owns an account based on the content in that account, and if multiple people or entities are identified in the content, then we’ll rely on the contact and profile information listed for that account. In cases where differing contact and profile information is present, we’ll require you to resolve the matter through proper channels outside of Spreespot.
When a dispute is identified, we may suspend any account associated with the dispute, including disabling login and sending capabilities, to protect the security and privacy of the data held within the account.
3.1 Seller Fees
Listing items on Spreespot is free. A commission will be taken at the time of sale. The commission amount will be dependent on the service type that was selected to list the item. Commission amounts will be directly deducted from total sale proceeds.
Payment requests can be made through the seller’s account. Payments will be processed on a best effort basis and speed of payment may depend on timing of request.
3.3 Service fees for buyers
A service fee is charged for the pickup / drop off service. The fee will be visible in the shopping cart during checkout.
3.4 Fee Changes
We may change our fees, including our commissions or purchase charges at any time by posting a new pricing structure to our Website or in your account and/or sending you a notification by email. Quoted fees don’t include sales or other transaction-based taxes of any kind.
4.1 Proprietary Rights Owned by Us and by You
We own all proprietary rights in the Service, including, but not limited to, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. You will respect our proprietary rights in the Service, and you may only use our brand assets according to our brand guidelines.
You represent and warrant that you either own or have permission to use all of the material, content, data, and information (including your personal information and the personal information of others) you submit to Spreespot in the course of using the Service (“Content”). You retain ownership of the Content that you upload to the Service. We may use or disclose your Content (including any personal information therein) only as described in these Terms.
5.1 Gereral Rules
By agreeing to these Terms, you promise to follow these rules:
• You won’t sell stolen merchandise!
• You won’t sell regulated, illegal, or licensed products (ammunition, guns, alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, etc).
• You will conduct yourself in a professional and respectful manor towards other users.
Spreespot doesn’t allow accounts that promote or incite harm toward others or that promote discriminatory, hateful, or harassing Content. To this end, we may suspend or terminate your account if you list or otherwise distribute any Content that we determine, in our sole discretion, contains either of the following:
• A Threat of Physical Harm. This means any statement, photograph, advertisement, or other Content that in our sole judgment could be reasonably perceived to threaten, advocate, or incite physical harm to or violence against others.
• Hateful Content. This means any statement, image, photograph, advertisement, or other Content that in our sole judgment could be reasonably perceived to harm, threaten, promote the harassment of, promote the intimidation of, promote the abuse of, or promote discrimination against others based solely on race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, disease, or immigration status.
We also may suspend or terminate your account if we determine, in our sole discretion, that you are either:
• an organization that has publicly stated or acknowledged that its goals, objectives, positions, or founding tenets include statements or principles that could be reasonably perceived to advocate, encourage, or sponsor Hateful Content or A Threat of Physical Harm;
• a person that has publicly made a comment or statement, or otherwise publicly made known a position, including by membership in an organization as discussed above, that could be reasonably perceived as Hateful Content or A Threat of Physical Harm; or
• a person or organization that has acted in such a way as could be reasonably perceived to support, condone, encourage, or represent Hateful Content or A Threat of Physical Harm.
If you violate any of these rules, then we may suspend or terminate your account.
5.2 Reporting Abuse
If you think anyone is violating any of these Terms, please notify us immediately. If you received spam you think came from a Spreespot Member, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you think anyone has posted material that violates any protected marks or copyrights, then you can notify us at the email address provided.
5.3 Compliance with Laws
You represent and warrant that your use of the Service will comply with all applicable laws and regulations. You’re responsible for determining whether the Service is suitable for you to use in light of your obligations under any regulations. You may not use the Service for any unlawful or discriminatory activities, or any other applicable laws.
If you collect any personal information pertaining to a minor and store such information within your Spreespot account, you represent and warrant that you have obtained valid consent for such activities according to the applicable laws of the jurisdiction in which the minor lives.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any losses, including all legal fees and expenses, that result from your breach of this Section 5.2.
6.1 Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you acknowledge and agree that (i) you assume full responsibility for any loss that results from your use of the Service, including any downloads from the Website; (ii) we and our Team won’t be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, or consequential damages under any circumstances, even if they’re based on negligence or we’ve been advised of the possibility of those damages; and (iii) in any calendar month, our total liability to you arising under or in connection with the Agreement—whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise—will be no more than what you paid us for the Service the preceding month.
For the avoidance of doubt, in no instance will we or our Team be liable for any losses or damages you suffer if you use the Service in violation of these Terms, regardless of whether we terminate or suspend your account due to such violation.
6.2 . No Warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide the Service as-is. This means that, except as expressly stated in these Terms, we don’t provide warranties, conditions, or undertakings of any kind in relation to the Service, either express or implied. This includes, but isn’t limited to, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, which are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Agreement. Since Members use the Service for a variety of reasons, we can’t guarantee that it’ll meet your specific needs.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and our Team harmless from any losses, including legal fees and expenses that directly or indirectly result from any claims you make that aren’t allowed under these Terms due to a “Limitation of Liability” or other provision. (Indemnity is an agreement to compensate someone for a loss.) You also agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any losses, including legal fees and expenses, that directly or indirectly result from (i) your Content, (ii) your use of the Service, (iii) your violation of any laws or regulations, (iv) third-party claims that you or someone using your password did something that, if true, would violate any of these Terms, (v) any misrepresentations made by you, or (vi) a breach of any representations or warranties you’ve made to us.
6.4 Equitable Relief
Your violation of these Terms may cause irreparable harm to us and our Team. Therefore, we have the right to seek injunctive relief or other equitable relief if you violate these Terms (meaning we may request a court order to stop you).
6.5 Subpoena Fees
If we have to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal, governmental, or regulatory inquiry related to your account, then we may charge you for our costs. These fees may include attorney and employee time spent retrieving the records, preparing documents, and participating in a deposition.
We and our Team aren’t responsible for the behavior of any third parties, linked websites, or other Members.
7.1 . Assignments
You may not assign any of your rights under this Agreement to anyone else. We may assign our rights to any other individual or entity at our discretion.
7.2 . Force Majeure
We won’t be held liable for any delays or failure in performance of any part of the Service, from any cause beyond our control. This includes, but is not limited to, acts of god, changes to law or regulations, embargoes, war, terrorist acts, riots, fires, earthquakes, nuclear accidents, zombie apocalypse, floods, strikes, power blackouts, volcanic action, unusually severe weather conditions, and acts of hackers, or third-party internet service providers.
If it turns out that a section of these Terms isn’t enforceable, then that section will be removed or edited as little as required, and the rest of the Agreement will still be valid.
7.4 . Interpretation
The headers and sidebar text are provided only to make these Terms easier to read and understand. The fact that we wrote these Terms won’t affect the way the Agreement is interpreted.
If we don’t immediately take action on a violation of these Terms, we’re not giving up any rights under the Terms, and we may still take action at some point.
7.6 No Changes in Terms at Request of Member
Because we have so many Members, we can’t change these Terms for any one Member or group.
7.7 Further Actions
You’ll provide all documents and take any actions necessary to meet your obligations under these Terms.
7.8 Notification of Security Incident
If we become aware of a security incident related to our systems or databases that contain personal information of you or your contacts, we’ll notify you if required by law. In that event, we’ll also provide you with information about that incident so that you can evaluate the consequences to you and any legal or regulatory requirements that may apply to you, unless we’re prevented from doing so by legal, security or confidentiality obligations. Notifying you of a security incident or cooperating with you to respond to one will not be deemed an acknowledgement or assumption of any liability or fault of Spreespot for such incident.
7.9 Entire Agreement
These Terms and any Additional Terms you’ve agreed to by enabling any Add-ons make up the entire agreement between us in relation to its subject matter and supersede all prior agreements, representations, and understandings. Any Additional Terms will be considered incorporated into the Agreement when you activate the corresponding Add-on.
Where there’s a conflict between these Terms and the Additional Terms, the Additional Terms will control to the extent of the conflict.
Any notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail to the address in Spreespot’s records. Any notice from you to us shall be sent in writing to our mailing address:
24 Sugar Camp Trail rd,
Congratulations! You’ve reached the end. Thanks for taking the time to learn about Spreespot’s policies. Updated September 12, 2019.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
Updated: September 12, 2019
Updated: September 12, 2019
1. The Basics
1.1 About Us
Spreespot Inc is an online marketplace platform (the "Services") headquartered in the Province of New Brunswick in Canada ("we," "us," "our," and "Spreespot").
The Services enable our Members to, among other things, buy and sell used goods through pick up / drop off points facilitated by our partner network.
1.2 Key Terms
"Member" means any person or entity that is registered with us to use the Services.
"Personal Information" means any information that identifies or can be used to identify a Member, or a Visitor, directly or indirectly. Examples of Personal Information include, but are not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation, or other demographic information.
"Visitor" means any person who visits any of our Websites.
"you" and "your" means, depending on the context, either a Member, or a Visitor.
Updated: September 12, 2019
Thanks for using Spreespot.
Please read these Terms carefully. By using Spreespot or signing up for an account, you’re agreeing to these Terms, which will result in a legal agreement between you and Spreespot (“Agreement”). We’ll start with the basics, including a few definitions that should help you understand these Terms. Spreespot Inc. (“Spreespot,” “we,” or “us”) is an online Marketplace platform (the “Service”) that allows users to buy and sell goods through a network of pick up / drop off points. The Service is offered through our website, http://www.Spreespot.com. Spreespot is a Canadian incorporated company whose legal name is Spreespot Inc. As a customer of the Service or a representative of an entity that’s a customer of the Service, you’re a “Member” according to this Agreement (or “you”).
If you have any questions about our Terms, feel free to contact us
1. Age Restriction
5. Rules and Abuse
7. Other Important Stuff