Why buy on spreespot?
- • Support Local - Allow your friends and neighbours follow their passion and make a living doing what they love.
- • Better products - Our sellers are passionate and put loads of energy into their product. You won't find this level of quality and dedication in big box stores
- • Convenience - You choose where to pickup the item and pick it up when convenient.
- • Save time - Instant online purchase, pickup on your own schedule.
How to buy on spreespot?
1. Browse the site to find high quality items
2. Choose your delivery/pickup method and locations
3. Add items to your shopping cart.
4. Keep browsing the site for great buys and once you are done shopping, finalize the sale by checking out.Vendors choose which methods will be available for item pickup and some may even offer home delivery. Make sure to read the item description as vendors are instructed to provide details of their drop off schedule and whether they offer delivery service. If you choose to meet up with the seller directly, you can choose cash on delivery. Orders utilizing Pickup / drop off locations require either online payment, or buyers will need to provide an alternate payment to the seller (payments can be worked out off site if both buyer and seller agree).
Are there additional fees when making a purchase?
If the buyer chooses to pick up the item at it's home location (sellers store or home), there is no additional fee.
If the buyer chooses to pick up at a pick up / drop off location, there will be a $1.95 pick up fee for each drop off made. If for example 5 items are purchased on the same order, from the same seller, the total pick up fee is $1.95, if however, those 5 items are from different sellers, the total would be 5 * $1.95 for a total of $9.75.
Where and when do I pick up?
When an item is listed, the vendors choose where they are willing to drop off. As you add the item to your cart, you will choose your preferrence from the available locations. As soon as the item has been dropped off, you will receive an email alerting you that the item is ready for pickup.
We ask that the item be picked up as quickly as possible. Stores will keep the item(s) for 5 days. Please contact the store directly if you need to request an extension.
What do I need to bring with me when picking up?
You will need your order number and a piece of photo identification to pick up your item(s). Simply inform the store cashier you are picking up your spreespot order and they will assist you.
Tell me more about pick up locations
Spreespot has partnered up with local businesses to provide ultimate convenience to our users. Partner stores are chosen for their locations and accessibility. Convenience stores and gas stations make great partners.
When listing, sellers get to choose the locations where they are willing to drop off. Then, when purchasing, buyers get to choose their preference from those selected locations. The seller will then be instructed to drop off the item(s) at the chosen location and the buyer will pick it up at their convenience.
If you have a suggestion for a new location, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is the payment platform secure?
Absolutely! Spreespot has partnered with Stripe to ensure our users have access to the most secure payment platform. Stripe is a world leader and takes security very seriously.
The following is from Stripe's security documentation
Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. To accomplish this, we make use of best-in-class security tools and practices to maintain a high level of security at Stripe.
All card numbers are encrypted at rest with AES-256. Decryption keys are stored on separate machines. None of Stripe’s internal servers and daemons are able to obtain plaintext card numbers; instead, they can just request that cards be sent to a service provider on a static whitelist. Stripe’s infrastructure for storing, decrypting, and transmitting card numbers runs in separate hosting infrastructure, and doesn’t share any credentials with Stripe’s primary services (API, website, etc.).
PGP Stripe has two PGP keys to encrypt your communications with Stripe, or verify signed messages you receive from Stripe. Which key you make use of is dependent on the information needing to be transmitted:
To securely contact Stripe, use our general PGP key To send sensitive data, such as credit card information as part of a data import, use our data migration PGP key
Thank you for choosing Spreespot